Our client is a fuel distribution company based in Durban, is currently seeking a Financial Manager/Financial Accountant to join their growing team
Please email application through to firstname.lastname@example.org
Main job function
The chosen candidate will be responsible for taking on a leadership role in financial decision-making that affects our company, and will provide strategic financial input to senior management. In addition to being responsible for overseeing the overall accounting process the successful candidate will play a key role in developing and implementing financial procedures to improve and maintain the financial health of the Company.
• Manage the finance department and be accountable for the full financial reporting.
• Oversee the preparation and approval of annual budgets and the periodical reviews thereof to ensure organizational success through cost analysis, and compliance with all tender parameters.
• Compile profit and loss reports per contract per month
• Calculate and sign off monthly rate adjustments with customers
• Cascade rate changes to relevant personnel within the organisation
• Compile and balance off month end invoices for the various contracts
• Control and update company asset register on an ongoing basis
• Oversee the business insurance ensuring that assets are depreciated annually and claims are submitted on time
• Prepare, submit and present monthly management accounts to the Management Team.
• Monitor and evaluate financial information systems and suggest improvements
• Oversee the financial operations of subsidiary companies
• Implement and monitor controls in high risk areas of the finance function
• Oversee year end external audit process
• Oversee annual BEE verification process
• Ensure monthly reporting to regulators such as SARS are done accurately and timeously.
• Degree in Accounting /Business Science
• CA(SA) qualification
• Minimum of 2 years post articles experience
• Pastel Partner/SARS efiling
NB! Experience in logistics environment e.g. Manline, Tanker Services, Unitrans etc essential
A Consultant will be in touch if you are shortlisted for the position. Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not have been contacted within 2 weeks. We will keep your CV on our database and contact you should you match the criteria of any other vacancies.