Excellent opportunity for well-established Manufacturing concern for a qualified Financial Controller: Plant, based on the East Rand
Main job function
The Plant Controller is responsible for all the financial and statistical reporting of principal supply inventory, finished product, fixed asset physical inventory, and any other reports required that provide management with more pertinent information regarding the financial results of the plant. Oversight of production scheduling and shipments according to product orders and inventory control as well as hourly payroll form part of the responsibility of the plant controller. The plant controller is expected to communicate effectively with the business operations teams in an effort to maintain accuracy of reported results as well as contribute to high morale, motivation and productivity at the plant. The effectiveness of this position is measured by the timely, accurate and cost-effective preparation of statistical and financial reports.
· At least 2 years proven working experience as a Plant/Cost Controller
· 5+ years of overall combined finance experience
· Advanced degree in Accounting
· Fully CIMA qualified
· Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
· Experience with SAP system
· Excellent Excel Skills
1. Direct, coordinate and prepare the financial budget and financial forecast for the plant
2. Recommend benchmarks for measuring financial and operating performance of division departments.
3. Prepare, monitor and analyze monthly operating results against budget.
4. Monitor daily operations of the plant and its impact on the financial results
5. Make recommendations to management based on monthly analysis in order to facilitate improvements at the plant
6. Manage the preparation of financial results, outlooks and financial forecasts.
7. Prepare financial analysis for contract negotiations and product investment decisions.
8. Ensure compliance with local, state and federal reporting requirements,
9. Assist with the establishment and implementation of both short and long range departmental goals, objectives, policies and operating procedures.
10. Responsible for maintaining fixed assets control process’s in this area as well as any fixed assets calculations and reports as required by the business
11. Responsible for managing capital budget and capital return on investment decisions.
12. Responsible for plant inventory, conducting periodic inventory calculations and physical inventories.
13. Responsible for assisting with any financial audit requirements or compliance work associated with this area of the business
14. Responsible for engaging with operations teams and building solid rapport with plant managers and with those responsible for all the inventory and fixed assets at the plant
A Consultant will be in touch if you are shortlisted for the position. Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not have been contacted within 2 weeks. We will keep your CV on our database and contact you should you match the criteria of any other vacancies.