My client in the IT Petrochemical sector, with operations in SA and Namibia is looking for a Financial Administrator for Centurion in JHB.
Main job function
· Initial Vetting of customer invoice Request to Supporting Documents:
o Note the entity in which processing is required.
o Ensure that the Invoice instruction is signed by the relevant HOD.
o Ensure that the GL allocation is stipulated on the Invoice Request.
o Take note of whether the request is a partial or final invoice.
o Take note of the customer and the customer code.
o Review supporting documentation and ensure that the customer quote,
· Customer PO, costings, supplier invoices and any correspondence was
submitted with the Invoice Request.
· Generation of Customer Invoices:
o Ensure correct entity is selected on Sage.
o Capture information per Invoice Request to SAGE and thereafter perform the
o following check:
o Ensure that full customer and contact person details are reflective
o on the invoice.
o Ensure that the Customer PO number is correct and reflective on
o the invoice.
o Ensure that invoice correctly states as a “Final” or “Partial” invoice.
o Ensure that the GL allocations are correct on each line field within
o the invoice.
o Agree detail captured to Invoice Request, specifically towards project names, sites names and any additional information required.
· Generate customer invoice on SAGE. Updating of Open inventory list with all invoices and credit notes daily.
· Upon approval and posting, distribute customer invoice within 48 hours of receipt of initial Invoice Request.
· Maintaining accurate records of all invoices generated and ensure its completeness of
all respects of all requests received.
· Initial Vetting of Purchase Order requests to supporting documents
· Generation of Purchase Order
· Generate Purchase order on SAGE for distribution of the approved Purchase order
within 48 hours of receipt of the request.
· Update Open inventory list daily.
· Purchase orders will be sent to Financial Manager at 16h00 each day for approval
· with the Inventory List.
· Review of Petty Cash recons received as verified by other departments as follows:
· Ensure Petty Cash recons, Petty Cash slips and relevant supporting
· documentation is received for all regions.
· Process petty cash expenses and allocation of VAT within SAGE.
· Ensure that all credit card recons and relevant supporting documents are received for all credit card holders within the specified deadlines.
· Review each credit card recon for HOD signature as approval.
· Agree the supporting documentation to transactions per credit card statements and individual reconciliations for each holder.
· Take note of and check budget allocations for each transaction.
· Inspect credit card spend per day in line with Subsistence SOP and note any overspend.
· Recalculate and verify any overspend or recon variances for reimbursement by card holder as a deduction on next salary run.
· Refer to relevant department for resolution of all credit card queries.
· the allocation of expenses and VAT within SAGE.
· Timeous submission of credit card deductions to Human Resources.
· Ensuring that all internal procedures are adhered to in accordance with the Finance Policy.
· Maintaining accurate records by ensuring that all documentation is electronically
· filed away in an orderly manner timeously.
· Assistance with all required documentation and queries in the annual audit.
· Assistance to Creditors Administrator where required.
· Adhoc assistance to Financial Controller and Financial Manager where required.
· Adhoc assistance for cashbook and reconciliations where required.
· Diploma in Bookkeeping or Financial Administration advantageous
· Microsoft Word and Excel; Pastel Evolution
· 2 years working experience required in admin and accounting duties
· Accuracy & Attention to Detail
· Communication Skills & Listening Skills
· Conflict Handling & Problem Solving
· Customer Care & Interpersonal Skills
· Deadline Orientated & Time Management
· Administration Skills
· Organisational Skills
· Computer Literacy
· Knowledge of Legislation
A Consultant will be in touch if you are shortlisted for the position. Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not have been contacted within 2 weeks. We will keep your CV on our database and contact you should you match the criteria of any other vacancies.