Opportunity to join Global team in small business that works collaboratively with the USAID/South Africa’s Bilateral Health Office and Regional HIV/AIDS Program.
Please email application through to email@example.com
Main job function
The Director of Finance and Operations will lead all finance, human resources, and operational systems and processes in the South Africa Activity Office.
· Organize and coordinate operations, human resources, finance and accounting, procurement and purchasing, facilities and office services, in-country travel, workshops, and logistics.
· Ensure timely completion for all routine financial transactions, reconciliations, and reports following the business policies and procedures.
· Ensure compliance with the business and USAID policies and procedures, and South African law
· Oversee compliance with USG rules and regulations, implementation of internal controls, and timely reporting
· Provide human resources management expertise and management including recruitment, performance management, staff development, and capacity building
· Develop and maintain innovative and efficient management systems, processes, tools, and techniques to manage operations seamlessly and efficiently
· Ensure that the finance and operations team provides responsive, timely support to activity internal and external stakeholders.
· Serve as a liaison between the Support Services team and technical staff, including leadership
· Maintain budgets and human resources data.
· Prepare and contribute to internal and client financial report
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in business, accounting/finance, or a related field.
· A Master’s degree is preferred.
· Minimum 10 years of relevant experience in finance and operations role on USAID or other U.S. Government agency contracts.
· Demonstrated capacity to support a financial management or general ledger system.
· Demonstrated experience providing human resources expertise and management.
· Demonstrated experience in managing high functioning operations teams.
· Demonstrated experience managing in-person, virtual, and hybrid teams and working with home office in the US or other countries.
· Demonstrated experience with SARS, VAT refunds, and reconciliation.
· Excellent knowledge of U.S. Government rules and regulations.
· Excellent English reading, writing, and communication skills.
A Consultant will be in touch if you are shortlisted for the position. Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not have been contacted within 2 weeks. We will keep your CV on our database and contact you should you match the criteria of any other vacancies.