Main job function
The engineer will work in the E&C / Electrical, Interconnection & Control Design DU as leader of the local team of relevant specialists, will be responsible in all project phases of the technical issue relevant to interconnection to the grid of power plants, for South Africa, in particular for the plants based on renewable source, battery storage and hydrogen.
- Masters or Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering with focus in Power Engineering.
- 10 years or more of experience in design and construction of power plant, HV
- Substations, HV Lines, grid connection activities
- 5 years or more of experience in managing a team of specialists.
- Responsibilities, include, but not limited to:
- To lead a local team of specialist (Electrical and I&C) more the external outsourcing
- To take critical and strategical decision in all phases of the projects
- To manage their own and the team’s work loads.
- Prepare Technical Specifications for design of High Voltage Systems.
- Technical interface with the local TSO and DSO.
- Power plants compliance to the local grid code and distribution code.
- Grid connection process for power plants in all project phases (business development, engineering design, construction, commissioning up to the commercial operation).
- Components/systems for purchase orders and follows up the procurement process.
- Ensures the review and approval of technical documents issued by external design contractors and/or consultants, assuring the full compliance with standards, codes,
- ENEL technical specifications and best engineering practices, etc.
- Review technical specifications, layouts and designs relevant to applicable industry standards.
- Manage and supervise third party engineers or external design services.
- Select optimal equipment for site and specific requirements, coordinate with suppliers/manufacturers and contractors as necessary.
- Attend design reviews meetings with Design Contractor, Supplier and Consultant.
- Supports the Design to Cost (DTC), Business Development (BD) Departments and
- Project Engineer (PE) for feasibility study, the estimation of project CAPEX, OPEX, verify the grid compliance and time scheduling.
- Coordinating design activities with other members of multi-disciplined project team.
- Approve and supervise any necessary tests related to electrical equipment (FAT\SAT).
- Provide engineering support to startup, testing and system commissioning phases.
- Provide engineering support and perform site inspection during the construction phase of projects.
- Review lessons learned and identify improvements in existing products, procedures
- and processes; developing cost effective solutions to satisfy specifications.
- Ensure equipment is designed in accordance with the current Health, Safety and Environmental legislation.
A Consultant will be in touch if you are shortlisted for the position. Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not have been contacted within 2 weeks. We will keep your CV on our database and contact you should you match the criteria of any other vacancies.