The Embassy of Switzerland in Pretoria is seeking to appoint an
Economic Advisor in their Diplomatic Division.
A strategic position building bridges between different teams at the Embassy, including the Swiss Business Hub, the Economic Development Cooperation Team as well as the Science and Technology Office.
Main job function:
· Economic research and providing strategic policy advice to the Embassy and the Swiss Government in its bilateral relations with South Africa, Botswana, eSwatini, Lesotho, Mauritius and Namibia.
· Analyse the economic situation and the economic and financial policies in all accredited countries especially in South Africa and Mauritius, including its engagement in BRICS and G-20.
· Analyse regional and continental economic and financial development on the continent (SACU, ACFTA, SADC, etc.), as well as at the global multilateral level (WTO, G20, etc.).
· Draft Embassy reports on various situations intended for headquarters in Bern, Switzerland.
· Consult on trade, regulatory and policy matters for Swiss companies operating in the host countries.
· Organise high level meetings with government officials and relevant stakeholders.
· Assist with the drafting of programmes for visiting delegations.
· Participate in Embassy led conferences and events, as speaker, volunteer or support.
· Liaise with officials from government departments and counterparts at other foreign missions and international organisations.
- At least 3 years working experience in the private or the public sector in South Africa.
- Excellent knowledge of the Southern African economic and financial landscape.
- Existing economic network in South Africa and the region will be an advantage.
- Interest in Switzerland as well as European foreign policy and or economic relations.
- Excellent command of English (both written and communication skills). German and/or French knowledge will be an advantage.
- Analytical skills and applied strategic thinking.
- Ability to work independently, accurately and under pressure.
- Good interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Team player
- Valid work permit in South Africa.
The incumbent would be working in a modern, welcoming and inclusive working environment in an international team, with a great opportunity to build strategic networks.
Competitive salary and benefits package
To Apply :
Please email cv and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
A Consultant will be in touch if you are shortlisted for the position. Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not have been contacted within 2 weeks. We will keep your CV on our database and contact you should you match the criteria of any other vacancies.