A Consulting Engineering Company based in Belville, Cape Town is looking for a junior Mechanical Draughtsman (HVAC), Electrical, Wet and/or Fire services draughtsman.
Please email application through to email@example.com
Draughtsmen will be required to:
- Trace marked-up building services drawings.
- Download files received via link or email and file these onto their server.
- Set up drawing title blocks and page layouts.
- Produce drawing registers and issue slips.
- Attend internal design and concept meetings.
- Attend project meetings with engineers and clients
- Work efficiently and meet deadlines
- Co-ordinate services with architects, engineers, and interior designers
- Occasionally visit site to mark-up as built / existing services.
- Be familiar with building and construction terminology e.g., IL, CL, FFL, NGL, offset, soffit
- Min 2 Yrs experience in HVAC Draughting, not architectural Draughting
- Communicate clearly.
- Work in a team under stressful conditions.
- Think on their feet / outside the box to provide solutions to complex problems.
- Use project specific document management software Dropbox/BIM360/We transfer Think in 3 dimensions for understanding of plans, elevations, sections etc.
Software Experience Required:
- Autocad (mandatory)
- Microsoft office suite (mandatory)
- REVIT (preferable)
A Consultant will be in touch if you are shortlisted for the position. Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not have been contacted within 2 weeks. We will keep your CV on our database and contact you should you match the criteria of any other vacancies.