Our client is a large residential University in Durban, is looking for a Director: Reward Services. The closing date for receipt of applications is 28 July 2022
Main job function
The main purpose of the job is the overall management, administration, and control of the University’s Human Resources Reward Services portfolio which spans across 5 campuses. The incumbent will provide direction and leadership and advise the Executive Director (Human Resources) on matters relating to the University’s Human Resources Policies and Strategy. This includes the University’s payroll and benefits administration, Remuneration and Job Evaluation, and Human Resources Systems Administration, enhancements, and support. S/he will oversee the implementation of new systems and upgrades as appropriate to ensure that Human Resources and the University achieve the most effective use of its Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS).
· Masters degree in the fields of Human Resources/ Financial Management and
· 10 years relevant experience in a complex reward/payroll environment of which 5 years must be at a senior level OR Chartered Accountant and 12 years relevant experience in a complex reward/payroll environment of which 7 years must be at a senior level.
· Extensive experience in payroll administration, employee benefits, and taxation.
· Extensive human resource management experience in a unionized environment
· Experience of managing, leading, and developing professional HR and employee benefits teams within a complex and dynamic working environment
· Experience of delivering measurable and visible improvements in HR and employee benefits service quality and fostering a strong Customer service ethic.
· Experience of analysing, using, and presenting complex people information in a variety of formats to a range of audiences
· Project management experience
· Experience of successfully consulting and negotiating with organised labour.
Short-listed candidates may be required to undertake competency and/or psychometric assessments.
A Consultant will be in touch if you are shortlisted for the position. Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not have been contacted within 2 weeks. We will keep your CV on our database and contact you should you match the criteria of any other vacancies.