A well-established bulk fuel provider for the industrial and commercial sector is seeking a pro-active, solution driven Depot Manager to join their company.
Main job function
The Depot Manager undertakes responsibility for providing a key focus on Depot management and ensure credible information to facilitate accurate data for tactical decision-making.
· Depot Fuel pump management:
o Managing and controlling fuel drop-offs in the depot
o Ensure regular inspections to vehicles and fuel station
o Inspect equipment and plan repairs and maintenance in the Fuel Depot and Fuel Station with supplier.
· Allocating and reconciling invoices to financial department.
· Daily/Monthly sales report submission
· Monitoring fuel consumption:
· Review fuel consumption daily
o Rectify FMS anomalies.
o Alert Operations of capturing errors.
o Provide fuel consumption for debriefing process.
o Recover fuel shortage costs as and when required.
o Monitor Drivers consumption per trip to ensure that they meet the Fuel consumption targets.
o Highlight Drivers with high fuel consumption and inform operations.
o Investigate fuel shortages and initiate disciplinary process if required due to fuel Losses.
o Develop action plans to deal with drivers with high fuel consumption (e.g. Bench drivers, issue Written Warnings or dismissal)
o Debrief drivers with high consumptions to ensure that will change behaviors.
· FMS Management Update fuel pricing timeously
· Ensure that kilometers are accurate at Trip Closing. Ensure that fuel capture and dips are correct.
· Management Liaise with finance to resolve queries.
· Reconcile fuel entries not transferred to receipt.
· Rectify orders not filled on a weekly basis.
· Daily reporting.
· Planning shift schedules.
· Standby on weekends to assist with: Respond to fuel requests Ensure fuel orders are actioned and approved Assist in resolving incidents / overloads / fines / load shifts etc.
· Plan and implement Operations requirements if necessary.
Relevant educational qualifications and training
5 – 10 years, with relevant experience in managing the entire fuel process
Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office products (word; excel; power point)
English – good level of the English language, both written and spoken
· Good communication and Co-operation skills
· Strong negotiation skills
· Detailed orientated (accuracy and quality orientation when working)
· High levels of responsibility and accountability
· Hard worker, with high levels of dedication
· Energetic hands-on individual
· Results orientated and good time management skills.
· Planning and Organizational
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with suppliers, co-workers and Managers.
· Conflict management ability
· Pro-active management style with initiative, dynamism, and assertive approach.
A Consultant will be in touch if you are shortlisted for the position. Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not have been contacted within 2 weeks. We will keep your CV on our database and contact you should you match the criteria of any other vacancies.