Main job function
• Managing forecasts, planning, and stock management for the specified category / categories.
• Supporting the Key Account Managers (KAM’s) with data and analysis.
• Achieving KPI’s of Case fill, Warehouse recoveries, and stock expiry costs.
• Collecting data from internal and external sources on factors that affect demand.
• Analysing sales trends, stock rotation and other data statistics that affect the demand and supply chain.
• Reviewing historical sales trends, current trends, and future trends.
• Modelling the data to forecast future demand based on varied factors.
• Obtaining and analysing information on occurrences that could impact demand like promotions and production delays.
• Management of stock rotation and expiry.
• Gathering updates on vendors, distributors, sales, and other stakeholders that can affect demand.
• Developing demand forecasts at multiple levels of aggregation for multiple time horizons.
• Coordinating cross-functional research activities to reconcile significant variances.
• Interacting with sales, marketing, and customer information to understand demand forecast drivers.
• Using and maintaining the demand planning software system/s.
• Looking for continuous savings across the supply chain through planning and buying.
• Refining systems and methods to improve forecasts in order to better anticipate customer needs.
• A Bachelor’s degree in supply chain or equivalent
• 3-4 years FMCG planning experience.
• Strong computer skills with proficiency in tools such as Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
• Continuous improvement mindset.
• Customer service skills.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Attention to detail.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Cross functional collaboration skills.
• Analysis and problem-solving skills such as the ability to question, accurately identify a need and present an effective solution.
• ERP experience would be beneficial.
A Consultant will be in touch if you are shortlisted for the position. Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not have been contacted within 2 weeks. We will keep your CV on our database and contact you should you match the criteria of any other vacancies.