Our client is a property developer involved in student accommodation. They require a young, dynamic leasing administrator. MDA and Excel experience are ABSOLUTELY essential, and experience dealing with student accommodation.
Please email application through to firstname.lastname@example.org
Main job function
1. To ensure that all tenant documentation regarding the leasing of a student room is in order and is filed correctly. This includes:
a. Lease Agreement;
b. Tenant information and documents;
c. Consent Forms;
d. Proof of payment of deposits and rent;
e. Any correspondence with the tenant from time to time;
f. Pre-and-Post room inspections;
g. Deposit refund form and account reconciliation;
h. Acceptance of keys.
2. To capture all leases on the accounting system in place, that presently being MDA, accurately with all relevant information inputted;
3. To prepare a monthly leasing schedule on the last day of every month that is verified against actual occupancy, the bio-metric access system and the purchases of pre-paid electricity;
4. To run a monthly rent roll by the 21st of each month setting out all billing information and to ensure the accuracy thereof;
5. To print/email rental statements to tenants by the 21st of every month;
6. To upload receipts onto the accounting system and to correctly allocate such receipts to the correct tenant;
7. To continually check of rental payments to ensure that the debtors ageing is kept to a minimum. It should be noted that all rentals should be paid by the 7th of the month and that arrear rentals cannot be tolerated. A debtors age analysis must be forwarded to your superior on the 8th, 16th, 24th and 31st of every month;
8. To assist and answer queries relating to the following to ensure optimal customer service:
And any other matters that may arise from time to time.
9. To ensure that the House Rules are enforced and to assist with any disciplinary procedures with tenants that may arise from time to time;
10. To issue Vacate Notes to tenants when they wish to exit the building with bags, ensuring that the rent is up to date;
11. To invoice and collect any charges from the tenants relating to maintenance, vandalism, lost keys, sleep-overs, wi-fi and the like;
12. To refund deposits on termination of the lease agreement, taking into account any damages that may have been incurred both in the room, the unit and in the building. Ensure that keys are returned and that all rentals are up to date prior to refunding the deposit. Ensure that all entries relating to this are captured correctly on the accounting system;
13. To vacate the tenant from the accounting system on termination of the lease, ensuring that all recurring items are stopped and that the room shows as vacant on the accounting system for the next incoming tenant;
· Accuracy of information
· Willing to work after hours
· Able to multi-task
A Consultant will be in touch if you are shortlisted for the position. Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not have been contacted within 2 weeks. We will keep your CV on our database and contact you should you match the criteria of any other vacancies.