Our client, based in Port Elizabeth is looking to hire a Data Scientist for a 12 month contract starting 1 July 2022
Main job function
- Constantly reviews and analyses supply chain data to identify opportunities to optimise OTIF, adherence to plan and cost targets from material supply to finished goods.
- Builds algorithms and designs experiments to merge, manage, interrogate and extract data to supply tailored reports to colleagues, customers or the wider organization.
- Postgraduate degree or diploma in a relevant field
- 2 to 5 years’ relevant experience, preferably in planning, or analytics centre of excellence role
- Experience in data management and advanced analytics
Specific job skills
- Computer literacy with particular proficiency in programming and BI tools
- Data management and data engineering skills to enable optimal data process and methodology
- Expertise in advanced analytics
- Excellent analytical and abstraction reasoning skills, as well as problem solving ability
- Ability to gather, synthesize, and analyze data using appropriate tools and technologies
- Must be a team player and able to work with and through others
A Consultant will be in touch if you are shortlisted for the position. Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not have been contacted within 2 weeks. We will keep your CV on our database and contact you should you match the criteria of any other vacancies.