A proudly South African company. They believe that the future of our country and economy lies at the hands of the SMEs through employment opportunities, job creation and small business development.
They partner with Entrepreneurs to provide business funding and support services to benefit South Africa.
Main job function
The Data Scientist contributes to the organisation’s goals by providing data-driven insights to optimise business decisions. The role offers analytical support and guidance within the leadership team and to stakeholders. The Data Scientist actively drives and implements intelligent automation throughout customer value management.
• Postgraduate degree (Masters / PhD) in mathematics, statistics, computer science, data science, computer engineering, economics, or related technical discipline
• Strong academic performance
• Excellent understanding of data analytic techniques
• Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities
• Strategic and creative thinker
• Highly detail oriented
• Persuasive and influential
• Exhibit natural curiosity to figure out how things work
• Excellent development and software engineering skills
• Experience working with various programming languages i.e. Python, R, SQL, Matlab, Java, C+
• At least 3 years’ experience working on data science initiatives
• Above average presentation and report writing skills
• Strong communication skills - able to explain complex concepts in layman’s terms
• Good interpersonal skills, show resilience and can work with diverse personality types and deal with conflict in an effective way
• Ability to work individually and with teams
• Adaptable and comfortable working in an experimental environment
• Experience within the FinTech and /or Financial Services industries preferable
• Experience with machine learning techniques preferable
SKILLS MATRIX TO COVER:
• Software / Programming – studied and minimum of 3-5 years experience
• Modelling / Statistical techniques – studied and minimum of 3-5 years experience
• Exposure and experience in credit risk environments – minimum of 3 years experience
• Customer Insights – minimum 1-3 years experience
A Consultant will be in touch if you are shortlisted for the position. Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not have been contacted within 2 weeks. We will keep your CV on our database and contact you should you match the criteria of any other vacancies.