Please email application through to firstname.lastname@example.org
Duties for this position:
- Manage the full Debtor functions for two companies
- Create credit policies and rules and monitor adherence thereto.
- Ensure that all credit applications are assessed in accordance with the credit rules and policies; and ensure credit applications are actioned accurately and timeously.
- Answer all queries relating to credit assessment, documents, credit rules and policies.
- Handle escalated-credit applications outside the delegated authority of the Credit Controllers.
- Escalate credit applications outside delegated authority to the appropriate level of authority.
- Compile, analyse and track relevant statistics on credit applications.
- Manage the Collections process by driving the implementation of collections procedures and by monitoring and reporting on the status of the collections function.
- Payments are actioned and orders flow smoothly daily.
- Monitor and report on the division’s bad debt and make decisions or recommendations as to what is written off.
- Raise and assess doubtful debt provision for the division bi-annually.
- Maintaining the accuracy of the debtor database.
- Prepare daily and ad hoc reports, as well as monthly reports.
- Support the team with escalated problems and customer queries.
- Ensure that the division and company comply with all legal and statutory requirements and that sound corporate governance practises are in place.
- Manage team members in such a way that they are motivated, energised and empowered; and
- Coach, share knowledge and mentor junior employees
- Grade 12 with accounting
- Relevant diploma or degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or a closely related field (credit and risk) preferred
Must have five years’ experience in a Credit Management role
Attention to detail
Efficient and deadline driven
Good problem -solving ability
Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
Ability to work under pressure
Excellent numeracy skills
Good telephone etiquette.
A Consultant will be in touch if you are shortlisted for the position. Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not have been contacted within 2 weeks. We will keep your CV on our database and contact you should you match the criteria of any other vacancies.