My client is a high performing construction & project management consultancy, consisting of around 40 professional consultants embedded into a larger team. Throughout each stage of the project life cycle, they consult to construction, mining and resources clients across contracts management, project delivery, project engineering, estimating and project controls, and legal advisory services. They are excited to again grow their contract and commercial services capability, hoping to meet the extensive demand of our exceptional client base with a hire.
Offering a diverse client base, they mostly work with principals/producers, tier 1 contractors and engineering companies in:
· mining and resources (including iron ore, coal, gold, lithium and rare earths)
· oil and gas
· large scale industrial
· public transport infrastructure
Why choose this company?
Something different from what you may be used to:
· Interesting and varied work for an exceptional client base, contractor and client-side.
· Friendly, team-oriented and collaborative working environment - with training forming an essential part of our operating model.
· Modern project offices with excellent amenities (eg. cafes, shops, gym, street parking) close by.
· Flexible working hours allowing for excellent work-life balance.
· Mentored by Directors (including a lawyer and QS by trade), who place a significant focus on staff development.
· All relocation/emigration costs paid for which includes flights and Visa, 1 month accommodation in Perth while you settle and a car.
Main job function
The consultants either support clients on a task-by-task basis externally from the Neuplan office or integrate via secondment into an existing client team. Working closely with their commercial/legal services Director and members of the broader CA/QS team, you will develop knowledge of our core business, our clients’ needs and gain an in-depth understanding of their projects.
Depending on your base discipline and professional experience, your work may involve complex, varied tasks to fulfill the following client project needs:
· general contract administration and advice;
· contract and risk reviews;
· contract negotiation;
· claims preparation and assessment;
· and/or project estimating assistance,
· including preparing bills of quantities,
· quantity take-offs,
· and assisting to prepare detailed tender estimates
· and cost planning (including from first principles).
· A tertiary qualification in Construction Management, Quantity Surveying or Law.
· Experience with mining/resources, public infrastructure (including road or rail-based) and/or or civil construction will be highly regarded.
· A minimum of 4 years' experience in a contracts administration/QS role within mining, resources or infrastructure.
· Contractor-side experience will be highly regarded.
· Proficiency in MS Excel/Word.
· Excellent written communication and interpersonal skills and growing strategic skills.
A Consultant will be in touch if you are shortlisted for the position. Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not have been contacted within 2 weeks. We will keep your CV on our database and contact you should you match the criteria of any other vacancies.