Exciting opportunity in multi-national Engineering company.
Must be South African citizen or Permanent Resident
Main job function
Digital Design Specialist focused on Transportation projects for the Civil & Infrastructure sector, to assist and support the implementation of digital and design automation solutions within Enterprise Capabilities Team.
This role will offer flexibility for hybrid remote work schedules and can be based from any major centre in South Africa.
This person will report to the Computational Engineering Lead and in addition to project utilisation for workflow definition, design & production the Computational Engineer will assist with the development of global tools and processes. This will require that the person appointed to this role is an expert in several different areas, including:
• Expert user of digital production platforms; Revit, Civil3D, Dynamo, InfraWorks, in the context of the above. Rhino and Grasshopper will be considered as a plus.
• Creator and author of Dynamo definitions using out of the box Dynamo nodes as well as creating and maintaining custom created nodes and workflows in Autodesk DesignScript and Python
• Parametric modelling, creation and development of smart objects, Revit Families, and adaptive components with customisable functionality and custom-built parameters for automation
• Digital tools deployment, ensure that development is focused on production team usage, for example, automated workflows can be operated by technicians using Dynamo Player or Orkestra, once development has reached a suitable status, script libraries and smart objects can be packaged and deployed, provide guidance.
BA/BS plus at least 6 years of relevant experience in AEC projects working as Computational Engineer/Computational BIM Modeller; preferably transportation infrastructure projects (bridges, tunnels and miscellaneous complex structures) or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education
• Experience within transportation infrastructure projects
• Architecture, Engineering or Computational Design degree or similar professional education
• 7+ years BIM modelling with Autodesk Revit
• Software accreditation will be considered favourable
• Previous experience working for Transport Authorities will be considered favourable
Please email cv to: email@example.com
A Consultant will be in touch if you are shortlisted for the position. Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not have been contacted within 2 weeks. We will keep your CV on our database and contact you should you match the criteria of any other vacancies.