Please email application through to email@example.com
Main job function
The position, in cooperation with other Units and while also supported by other discipline members, will ensure the execution of engineering project assigned in complete compliance with best practices, quality, safety and environmental requirements, as well as compliance with schedules and costs, also managing external resources. Addresses and solves technical issues related to own field of expertise and by means of own knowledge in order to meet project requirements.
- MSc in Civil Engineering; MSc in civil Infrastructural Engineering is a plus.
- Pr. Eng;
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience in civil engineering;
- Experience in Renewables Energies specially on wind and solar technologies (will be a plus)
- Fluent English is required;
- SABS 1200 Knowledge;
- Knowledge of informatics:
- Microsoft Office suite
- Google Earth
- AutoCAD 2D
- Autodesk Civil3D
- Basic knowledge of hydraulic, geotechnical and structural softwares (Hec-ras, SAP2000, PLAXIS or similar) will be a plus.
- Interpersonal skills with an ability to effectively support and work well with people from different disciplines;
- Superior organizational skills and detail oriented to ensure accuracy and quality;
- Strong client-facing and internal communication skills;
- Adaptability and flexibility to manage deadline pressure, ambiguity and change;
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects and meet deadlines;
- Ability to work in autonomy for task of high complexity;
- Ability to work in multinational teams
- Decision making and problem-solving skills
- Up to 20% of domestic travel and occasional international travel for meetings and project duration;
Responsibilities, include, but not limited to:
- Work closely with the Project Engineer for development and construction projects
- Support Operational and Maintenance Activities
- Perform feasibility studies, preliminary and detail design of Renewable plants (Sub- Saharan Region);
- Design or review the design performed by external consultants for topography, access roads, earth movement, pavements, drainage systems, geotechnics and structures according to technical codes;
- Review Bill of quantities, IFC drawings and shop submittals to support construction;
- Plan, supervise and co-ordinate the civil activities throughout the entire life cycle of the project;
- Perform site surveys for various renewable plants to access the technical and budgetary challenges and provide input to the budgeting committee;
- Participate to technical meetings and follow up the design activities performed by external suppliers;
- Prepare technical specifications and contractual documents;
- Support other colleagues in the same units for task of technical complexity.
- Work on optimisation of designs and technical specifications to increase competitiveness while still ensuring quality is maintained
- Coordinate proposed deviations with the Design unit and keep track of local deviations at country level
A Consultant will be in touch if you are shortlisted for the position. Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not have been contacted within 2 weeks. We will keep your CV on our database and contact you should you match the criteria of any other vacancies.