Seeking highly motivated Chemical Sales Executive with successful track record to join global leader in the chemicals manufacture and distribution sector, based at their South African head office in Cape Town.
Main job function
To perform, monitor and manage all sales activities and to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction, consistently maintaining quality order fulfilment through engaging in the following core activities:
• Utilising SAP system for issuing contracts, quotations, proforma invoices and order issuance. Monitor the order status on the system to ensure the safety of further processes.
• Checking L/C’s and maintaining close coordination with the documentation department in HQ and banks for preparation of documents to prevent demurrage. Informing customers of the status of original documents.
• Sending the vessel nominations to the customers and getting confirmation for the nominated vessels from port authorities.
• Close coordination with the logistics department to monitor status and itinerary of vessels and updating the movement of the vessel as well as the ETA’s to the customers.
• Periodical storage tanks stock control to monitor the material releases. Ensuring the order closing by logistics department.
• Supportive functions for sales reports preparation.
• Coordination with the time charter department to check demurrage claims; informing customers of demurrage claims; informing customers of demurrage amounts and tracking demurrage payments.
• Customer credit defining with guidance of local sales responsible and MAS.
• Regular customer visits in the region (commercial, technical, courtesy, responsive).
• Ensure that SABIC’s sales are performed with the best net back to the company.
• Create win–win solutions with customers.
• Attract new customers.
• Input customer complaints in SAP and ensure closures.
• Check customers’ account balances for overdue amounts in the system and ensuring closure of the final invoices.
• Preparing sales contracts and Memorandums of Understanding (MOU’s) for customers. Coordinate all final details between SABIC Legal, customer & SABIC HQ.
• Perform any other related activity as requested by the Business Manager.
Sales / Marketing Degree or Diploma
• Outstanding communication skills with an excellent command of English language (written and spoken).
• Good presentation skills.
• Sales and marketing knowledge to implement sales principles and strategies related to industrial products (preferred 2+ years of experience).
• Knowledge of SAP system (sales modules).
• Excellent planning and organisational skills.
• Strong innovation and initiative skills.
• Ability to analyse and solve problems.
• Ability to negotiate and manage contractual arrangements.
• Ability to lead, train and coach commercial assistants.
• Ability to run and manage effective meetings.
A Consultant will be in touch if you are shortlisted for the position. Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not have been contacted within 2 weeks. We will keep your CV on our database and contact you should you match the criteria of any other vacancies.