A large well established manufacturing company is looking for a Business Development / Sales Manager based in Pinetown, Durban.
Main job function
• Lead sales team members to achieve sales targets
• Working with other relevant managers to develop national sales strategy
• Monitor and analyse performance metrics and suggest improvements
• Establish productive and professional relationships with key personnel in assigned
• Provide timely and effective solutions aligned with clients’ needs
• Coordinating the gathering of market intelligence covering competitors' products and
• Monitoring sales and expense performance, and initiating corrective action where
• Monitoring and reporting on the performance of dealers and distribution channels
• Negotiate and close agreements with new business and large customers
• Negotiating major deals and maintaining key customer contacts
• Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual sales forecasts
• Stay up to date with new product launches and ensure sales team members are on board
• Perform research and identify new potential customers and new market opportunities
• Develop and implement effective sales strategies
• Developing a budget, and regularly reporting actual performance to the budget, with variance analyses and revised projection
· At least 10 years of related sales / marketing experience.
· South African Retail Environment
· Collection’s building, costings, pricings, strategies
· Brand Management
· Manage External Sales team
· Ability to communicate effectively, openly and honestly.
· Ability to work in a matrix organisation.
· Proficiency in MS Office applications, particularly Excel.
· Ability and willingness to work in a diverse Environment.
A Consultant will be in touch if you are shortlisted for the position. Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not have been contacted within 2 weeks. We will keep your CV on our database and contact you should you match the criteria of any other vacancies.