My client is a leading fintech company and they have a new and exciting opportunity for a BI Team Lead to join their team in Cape Town.
Please email application through to firstname.lastname@example.org
Main job function
The purpose of this position is to manage the BI development team as well as the data warehouse processes and information in order to ensure the warehouse runs effectively.
The BI Team Lead reports directly to the Head of BI.
This position is responsible for managing the BI development team in order to ensuring the integrity of all information within the data warehouse as well as the accuracy of the processes used to populate the warehouse on a daily basis. They are required to develop and maintain existing ETL as well as provide operational BI support to the business. The BI Team Lead is also responsible for creating accurate business requirements definitions in order to monitor and improve business processes, conducting data analysis and creating specifications, working closely with developers and business to execute their plans and coordinate activities. The BI Developer and BI Analyst Developer report to this position.
Duties and Responsibilities (include but is not limited to):
• To manage the BI development team in order to ensure effective BI tools are developed for the business
• Provide team with support and advice on various BI projects
• Maintain awareness of the overall BI strategy and ensure it is implemented throughout the team
• To monitor the development and maintenance of exiting ETL
• Ensure data is transformed into the correct format for the warehouse and loaded into the warehouse accurately
• To take ownership of the data warehouse and integrity of all information loaded into it
• Review code of the team and identify errors and provide feedback to relevant parties
• To manage the quality of code within the BI team
• To conduct business analytics in order to monitor and improve business processes
• Use data to support decision making and to identify market opportunities
• Provide ongoing support where changes to solutions or fault-finding is necessary
• To create accurate business requirements definitions
• Design data warehouse flows and schemas based off analysis, including staging, fact, dimensions, and cubes and reporting models in the semantic layer
• Define the business requirements and translate them into technical specifications
• To ensure the business is provided with operational support and technical issues for BI processes are solved effectively
• To perform a general management function for the BI development team
• Conduct performance reviews and monthly KPI discussions with the BI development team
• Set team objectives and monitor progress towards achieving them
• Coach and mentor the BI developer and BI Analyst Developers
• To manage own professional and self-development
Grade 12 or equivalent (Essential)
Related tertiary qualification (Essential)
• 5 years data analytics or business intelligence experience (Essential)
• Management / Supervisory experience (Desirable)
• Relevant industry experience (Desirable)
• Experience within a data centered role (Essential)
• Proficiency in software tools (Word, PPT, Excel, Power BI, Visual Studio, SQL Management Studio, etc.) and technical agility essential
• Knowledge of relational databases
• Knowledge of data warehousing and analytics
• Knowledge of BI tools, concepts and architecture and decision support concepts
• Knowledge of ETL and data analysis with focus on data integrity
• Knowledge of BI Stack, including MSSQL, SSIS, SSAS, PowerBI
A Consultant will be in touch if you are shortlisted for the position. Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not have been contacted within 2 weeks. We will keep your CV on our database and contact you should you match the criteria of any other vacancies.