Please email applications to Sian@armstrongappointments.com
· Application of electrical theory and principles to engineering projects.
· Feasibility study to estimate costs and timelines, to design, program and commission projects.
· Design, develop, implement, maintain and test new electrical equipment, machinery and appliances.
· Upgrade and customise existing equipment and machinery.
· Prepare detailed electrical and control integration drawings and system specifications. (with PR Eng signoff)
· Prepare calculations and documentation, make improvements, and recommend implementation processes.
· Translate business requirements into technical specifications and help manage project priorities and timelines.
· Coordinate design with other systems, such as Winder Drives and Controls.
· Write, modify, and debug PLC, HMI and SCADA software for client applications
· Over inspect manufacture and installation work and inspects completed projects to ensure conformance with design and safety standards.
· Contribute to project meetings.
· Supervises, mentors and trains project staff, new or more junior electrical engineers as needed, Oversee other employees.
· Have to communicate directly with vendors, clients, technical experts and workers across all levels of business.
· Are encouraged to read relevant professional journals, attend relevant training classes, workshops, or conferences to keep their skills up to date.
· Any other reasonable duties called upon to do.
· Bachelor’s degree (BSc, ECSA Pr Eng) or higher in engineering or another related field
· 8 to 10 year MV and LV design experience
· Strong design fundamentals and good working knowledge of motors, transformers, switchgear and distribution networks
· Hands on involvement in project execution, SLD, schematic, advanced control integration, detailed product and functional specification
· Good working knowledge of PLC, Control, SCADA and communication networks
· AC & DC drive experience would be highly beneficial
· Computer Literacy (Microsoft Office - Word, Excel & MS Projects)
· Various Software Packages specific to designing
· OHSACT, MHSACT, SANS 10142-1 compliance
· Strong Leadership and Communication skills - Written and Verbal (English).
· Valid driver’s license code 08