National Manufacturing concern has super opportunity offering mentorship and future growth opportunities for a post articled Accountant at their Head Office and Plant.
Please email application through to email@example.com
Main job function
A qualified Accountant responsible to the company's Financial Director or equivalent for clearly defined accounting duties, such as preparation of accounts, financial planning or budgeting, reporting of budget variances, cost control and cost analysis programmes.
Nature and Scope of Activities
· Reporting – timeous submission of required internal and management account packs and information with adequate explanations on variances etc.
· Reporting – Budget Preparation, Submission of Annual Budget and Forecast to Head Office
· Accounting Records Preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliations file with supporting documentation / explanations.
· Ensure that Accounts are prepared in accordance with Financial Policies and that subjective estimates etc. are communicated / discussed with Management.
· Ensure that all cash disbursements are authorised as per Financial policy and review all bank account transactions on a daily basis.
· Release and loading of all bank payments as applicable.
· Reconciling and supplier Statements for submission for authorisation of supplier payments to head office.
· Ensure Creditors remittance is reconciled and sent to creditors
· Ensure relevant capturing on Syspro and banking system.
· Ensure timeous payments to all relevant creditors
· Follow up on external as well internal queries
· Run relevant creditors reports
· Assist with audit and H/O queries and ensure the relevant documentation is available
· Ensure that plant’s Syspro requirements / issues are communicated and addressed with management / H/O.
· Adherence to policies and procedures manual and communicate issues of non-compliance with management.
· Timeous submission of VAT, EMP documents / payments.
· Ensure that all applicable wages schedules, reports have been adequately authorised by the relevant department head
· Reconciling Interplant accounts
· Journal entries and posting to General Ledger & reconciling of suspense acc.
· Preparation of monthly and year-end accounts.
· Liaising with External AuditorsAny ad-hoc Duties require by the company from time to time
· BCom with Completed Articles is essential
· Minimum of 1 yr post article experience outside of audit Firm
· Tertiary Education
· Matric with Mathematics and Science
· Ability to Work to Deadlines
· Attention to Detail
· Customer focused (external and internal)
· Good time keeping
· Ability to work under pressure
· Flexible and adaptable
· Strong communication skills
· Ability to deal with senior and junior employees
· Good computer skills
o MS Office
A Consultant will be in touch if you are shortlisted for the position. Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not have been contacted within 2 weeks. We will keep your CV on our database and contact you should you match the criteria of any other vacancies.