Excellent opportunity for an Accountant looking to grow their career in a well established Manufacturing Concern.
Main job function
· Reporting – timeous submission of required internal and management account packs and information with adequate explanations on variances etc.
· Reporting – Budget Preparation, Submission of Annual Budget and Forecast to Head Office
· Accounting Records Preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliations file with supporting documentation / explanations.
· Ensure that Accounts are prepared in accordance with Rheem’ s Financial Policies and that subjective estimates etc. are communicated / discussed with Management.
· Ensure that all cash disbursements are authorised as per Rheem Financial policy and review all bank account transactions on a daily basis.
· Release and loading of all bank payments as applicable.
· Reconciling and supplier Statements for submission for authorisation of supplier payments to head office.
· Ensure Creditors remittance is reconciled and sent to creditors
· Ensure relevant capturing on Syspro and banking system.
· Ensure timeous payments to all relevant creditors
· Follow up on external as well internal queries
· Run relevant creditors reports
· Assist with audit and H/O queries and ensure the relevant documentation is available
· Ensure that plant’s Syspro requirements / issues are communicated and addressed with management / H/O.
· Adherence to policies and procedures manual and communicate issues of non-compliance with management.
· Timeous submission of VAT, EMP documents / payments.
· Ensure that all applicable wages schedules, reports have been adequately authorised by the relevant department head
· Reconciling Interplant accounts
· Journal entries and posting to General Ledger & reconciling of suspense acc.
· Preparation of monthly and year-end accounts.
· Liaising with External Auditors
· Any ad-hoc Duties require by the company from time to time.
· Minimum of BCom Accounting or equivalent with completed SAICA articles combined with a minimum of 3 years accounting in a Manufacturing or engineering environment.
· Ability to Work to Deadlines
· Attention to Detail
· Customer focused (external and internal)
· Good time keeping
· Ability to work under pressure
· Flexible and adaptable
· Strong communication skills
· Ability to deal with senior and junior employees
· Good computer skills
A Consultant will be in touch if you are shortlisted for the position. Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not have been contacted within 2 weeks. We will keep your CV on our database and contact you should you match the criteria of any other vacancies.