A great opportunity exists for a Collections Analyst in Centurion with a large organisation.
· Relevant B degree
· Bcom, Bsc
· 4 years (to be fully competent in the position)
· Experience in financial institutions, collections, unsecured microlending. Building and analysing behavioural scorecards. Home loans experience advantageous.
· The ability to identify and interpret relevant information by using logic to see cause and effect relationships.
· The ability to perceive correctly and in visual detail; to notice and remember visual details.
· The ability to assemble information from a variety of sources, identify patterns or connections between situations that are not obviously related, and integrate this information into logical and holistic conclusions. It also refers to the development of theoretical and practical frameworks in order to understand and convey complex ideas.
Main Job Function
· To do strategic analysis of the collections environment and provide recommendations for improvements.
· To use this as an input to collections strategy.
· To communicate and influence stakeholders towards innovations and interact with other stakeholders to ensure strategies are communicated and implemented.
· To be aware of the collections macro-environment and propose strategies for competitive advantage.
· To create and employ champion-challenger testing for determining best practice.
· To implement and analyse behavioural scorecards, and use this to define new collections strategies.
· To understand the operational environment and create metrics to monitor and improve "business as usual".
· New Business Processing, Financial Administration Department, Credit Department , Customer Service Department, Internal Trace Department, Specialised Collections, New Business Processing, Insurance Claims Department
Strategy of Division
· To build sound and best practices strategies and processes to contain and reduce risk and provisions. To leverage behavioural scorecard principles in order to split risk, prioritise effectively, minimise forward roll rates, retain profitable and collectable customers. To create an incentivised, desirable and upbeat collections environment with collectors of excellence.
· Measure, control and reduce cost to collect per account.
· Drive collections metrics to reduce risk.
· Documenting business requirements, existing and proposed processes.
· Perform analysis on a range of collections data, detect patterns, explain those patterns in terms of the business, formulate proposals to maximise benefit and/or minimise risk. Understand the nature of the collections business and make well-grounded suggestions for improvements.
· Proactively identify arrears for improvement, analyse the problem using a range of collections data, detect patterns, provide business explanation for those patterns, identify problems and bottlenecks, formulate proposals to maximise benefit and/or minimise risk. Perform analysis to support decision-making. Understand the nature of the collections business and make well-grounded suggestions for improvements.
· Adhere to Training and Development Plan. Takes ownership of self-development
· Gathers and analyses various forms and levels of information to support decision-making
· Drives the development and implementation of solutions to ensure client satisfaction and profitability
· Acts as a trusted adviser and drives the creation of business value through the alignment of the offering to business requirements
· Implements solutions after approval
· Analyses relevant industry information to understand industry needs, create business opportunities, identify and evaluate risk
· Researches and analyses information using appropriate problem identification techniques in order to propose a solution(s)
· This role focuses on the set of activities relating to strategy formulation and implementation. This includes the activities which monitors whether the future intent is realized
A Consultant will be in touch if you are shortlisted for the position. Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not have been contacted within 2 weeks. We will keep your CV on our database and contact you should you match the criteria of any other vacancies