N.B. Please note this is an opportunity for South African citizens who are EE/AA candidates
A great opportunity exists for a Market Research Analyst in Durban within a large organisation.
· Relevant 3 years Diploma in Technical or Marketing field
· 2-3 years of market research experience preferably within the broadcast or broadband environment, to include conducting marketing research, competitive intelligence, data gathering / analysis, making presentations and documenting findings
· Understanding and use of statistical data validation and methodologies.
· Enhanced with 1-2 years’ experience regarding web content management.
· Understanding of broadcast and broadband environment, service oriented, good understanding of technology.
· Listening, creative thinker, decision making acumen, problem solver, takes responsibility, demonstrates personal integrity & honesty
· Able to interpret and disseminate information. Able to prepare basic reports and use of the appropriate mode of communication.
· Computer literate. Comfortable with technology and the use of standard office programs and networks.
· Ability to work independently, accurately and neatly
Main Job Function
· Conduct market research using existing material on the subject, such as books, newspaper and journal articles, internet resources, published data
· Analyse data and create summarised reports, graphs and tables on findings. Areas covered should include:
- competitor activity
- consumer demographics buying habits, and preferences
- customer demographics
- market and industry trends
· Assist with collating data or reports to be published in journals or as otherwise intended by the marketing department
· Maintain organizations website content:
- Create and manage content for organization’s web presence in conjunction with web site developer
- Ensure a consistent look and feel throughout all web sites/pages is maintained
- Copyedit and proofread all web content
· Participate in online discussion groups regarding specific markets/topics
· Track and report on all site metrics
· Conduct email newsletters on pertinent content
· Work cooperatively with key team members
· Designs surveys, opinion polls, and questionnaires where required
· Gather secondary market research via the internet, books, business publications, magazines, newspapers, online news articles etc.
· Gather, examine, and analyze research information, summary and document research findings
· Monitor competitor activities/competitive intelligence
· Identify and process new sources of intelligence e.g. new analyst reports
· Manage Data
· Conduct primary research where relevant
· Maintain content on organization’s web site, across all lines of business/divisions
A Consultant will be in touch if you are shortlisted for the position. Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not have been contacted within 2 weeks. We will keep your CV on our database and contact you should you match the criteria of any other vacancies