A great 12 months contract opportunity exists for a JDA Application DBA in Western Cape with a large Corporate organisation. To act as the key resource to manage the disparate architecture on which JDA functions, together with the software release and patch management. Manage the performance of these systems to ensure SLA with foods business can be met.
· Relevant Tertiary qualification
· 5-8 years’ experience with application fundamentals such as architecture concepts and infrastructure architecture
· Hands on experience Installing JDA Application database on UNIX, Server components on UNIX and SRE environment on UNIX
· Thorough understanding of JDA Patch Management and Version Control and execution of JDA patches and upgrades
· Hands on experience managing JDA custom processes
· Extensive experience in cloning JDA environments
· Thorough understanding of the JDA SRE environment architecture, management of this environment and performance tuning on this environment
· UNIX scripting and architecture experience essential
· Installation and configuration of WebSphere on UNIX platform experience essential
· Hands on experience in setting workstations up to function against JDA
· Management of Application Servers in a production environment experience essential
· Hands on experience of Java development, system debugging and system performance tuning\
· Extensive experience on Oracle database development and data structure design essential
· Extensive experience in design and management of migration release processes across environments essential
· Extensive experience in building, managing and executing releases essential
· Hands on experience in the architecture for integration and manage Source Control procedures
· Liaise with JDA vendor technical architects
· Understanding of JDA data schemas
· 5-8 years’ experience in systems analysis essential
Main Job Function
· Focus on the technical infrastructure to ensure that all configuration components functions optimally.
· Handle all the setup and day to day management of the JDA software stack
· Handle all release management functions
· Liaise with all stake holders in the organization to ensure that the architecture performs optimally
· While this resource does not have supervisory responsibility, this person will have to work through many others in the organization to succeed.
· Support the project team in any issue that arises from the JDA software stack.
A Consultant will be in touch if you are shortlisted for the position. Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not have been contacted within 2 weeks. We will keep your CV on our database and contact you should you match the criteria of any other vacancies